UIC provides all faculty and instructors with a free and easy-to-use lecture capture tool called Echo360. Along with features provided by the tool, UIC faculty have access to support, learning workshops, and personal consultations.
links to Captivate
Echo360 provides faculty with two distinct lecture capture options to facilitate blended learning:
- Classroom Capture
- Provided by UIC to help faculty record their lectures in a classroom setting
- Allows instructors to easily record lectures taught in specific classrooms and make them available to their students electronically via web, podcast, or vodcast
- The system will capture all audio and video sources in the classroom’s multimedia system, including the installed PC, an instructor’s laptop, the built-in and wireless microphones, and more
- Universal Capture
- Allows instructors to record captures using a stand-alone application that runs on Windows and Mac computers
- Allows instructors to record a webcam video or simply record audio and their computer screen simultaneously, which allows adding sound to PowerPoint presentations and other course material
- Allows instructors to create learning moments that students can review both before and after class
Classroom Capture recordings must be scheduled ahead of time, and can be either one-time events or repeating semester events. Captures are available within 3-6 hours of a one-hour long lecture.
Technology Solutions assists with scheduling automatic capture of the east campus common use classrooms . For other classrooms, contact the appropriate department to have your lecture captured:
Retention of videos in Echo360
Recorded captures are kept on Echo360’s servers for a period of four years before being removed.
- Classroom Capture
Service Level Agreement
|Service Request Fulfillment Time||Under 2 business days, unless in-person training/discussion is required, or escalation to the vendor is required|
|Incident Resolution Time||Under 2 business days unless escalation to the vendor is required|
|Maintenance Window(s)||Weekly maintenance window: Friday, 1:00am - 5:00am Approved Technology Solutions maintenance window(s): it.uic.edu/services-support/status/|
|Service Notification Channel(s)||Technology Solutions News and Alerts: accc.uic.edu/news/all Direct emails to campus users. LMS Login Page: uic.blackboard.com|
|Reviewed to Ensure SLA Meets Business Requirements||Provisional SLA - Currently under IT Governance review|
|Date Reviewed||Provisional SLA - Currently under IT Governance review|
|Service Owner: Elizabeth Romero Fuerte|