Audio Visual Event Support
The Academic Multimedia Lab located on the IDEA Commons area on the first floor of the Daley Library provides assistance in multimedia digitizing and conversion, from scanning photographs and slides to digitizing video clips, transferring VHS videotapes to DVDs, or creating streaming video clips for digital distribution. Media conversion is not a drop-off service. The LTS technology consultants will show you how to use the equipment and the software to digitize or transcode your media.
Quick Access Heading link
more info Heading link
- Digital Audio Recorder
- Digital Projector (Large Venue)
- Digital Projector (Portable)
- GoPro camera
- Laptop (PC)
- Microphone (Wired Handheld)
- Microphone (USB)
- Microphone (Wireless Handheld)
- Portable Speaker
- Projection Screen (6ft or 8ft)
- USB Headset
- USB Webcam
- Wireless Presenter
CATE technicians can also provide audio and video recording services for events, for an hourly labor fee.
more info 1
We require a 48-hour notice for equipment and service reservations. For late orders, please call our office and we will accommodate the request if possible.
- Technician support for events scheduled after 4 PM on weekdays requires a 3-hour minimum labor charge
- Technician support for events scheduled on weekends requires a 4-hour minimum labor charge
- A minimum of one hour must be allowed prior to the start of an event, for the technician to set up requested equipment
- If time is not allotted, the event’s start time may be delayed
- Equipment rentals that extend beyond normal operating hours require the renting party to provide security for the rented equipment until pickup can be made during our normal business hours
- Loss of the rented equipment during rental periods is the responsibility of the renting party
The Academic Multimedia Lab provides equipment rental and technician support for multimedia needs for academic courses and special events. Equipment can be reserved and picked up from a designated location, or technician support can be included and equipment will be delivered, set up, monitored throughout the event, and taken down at the end of the event. Any request that is not directly related to a CRN-based course is subject to rental and labor fees.
Tools or services may include UIC resources external to Learning Technology Solutions.
*Audio and visual support for meeting and conferences is provided in the UIC Student Centers.