Blackboard Surveys allow instructors to measure student knowledge, gauge progress, and gather information from students. Survey results are anonymous, but instructors can see if a student has completed a survey and view aggregate results for each survey question. All results can be seen in the Grade Center. At this time, surveys can only be created in the Original Course View. Surveys must be deployed within a Blackboard course.
links to Google Drive Heading link
more info Heading link
AVAILABLE TO: Faculty | Staff
- Gauge student knowledge without scoring
- Easily add, edit, or reuse questions from within the Blackboard environment
- Aggregate all results
- Add surveys directly to content areas within your Blackboard course
Blackboard Surveys offers accessibility features that allows users to easily navigate and read the Blackboard Surveys web interface. The web interface supports screen readers for all available creator and viewer interfaces. The web interface also support keyboard access, allowing you to use the tab key to access all available functions. All sessions fully support adding and displaying captions. For additional information on Blackboard Surveys’ accessibility features, please visit Blackboard Surveys’ Accessibility Conformance Report (WCAG Edition).
Please note that surveys are not currently available in Ultra View courses.
The following steps will guide you in creating a survey in an Original View course:
- Select the area in the course site that you want to place the assignment in, and from the Assessments drop-down select Survey; this will open up a new screen Create Survey.
- Survey options:
- Create a New Survey
- Add an Existing Survey
- Select the Create button; this will open the Survey Information screen.
- Start by adding a title; recommend using a unique name with Module or Week number referenced (e.g., Module 01 – Learning Domains Survey).
- Add a description and instructions in the text boxes then select Submit; this will open the question building page.
- Question options:
- Create Question (see Question Types article below)
- Find Questions
- Upload Questions
- Once all the questions have been created, select OK; this will bring you back to the Add Survey screen.
- Then click on the survey you just created and select Submit; this will open the Survey Information screen.
- Next, scroll down to begin editing the Survey settings, including availability, attempts, timer, due date, results, presentation, and more.
- Once the settings are edited select Submit.
Please note that newly created assessments will show up at the bottom of the folder. You will need to move the assessment where you would like it to be placed after it is created.
Original View Tutorials
- Quick Guide — Tests and Surveys
- Test and Survey Options – Blackboard Help
- Question Types – Blackboard Help