Google Forms is a web-based survey tool used to create surveys and quizzes and to collect and analyze responses. Use Google Forms to create, send, and collaborate on forms. Google Forms is part of the G Suite for Education core tools.
links to Google Drive Heading link
With Google Forms, you can:
- Use a curated theme or customize your survey
- Use multiple question options – from multiple choice to dropdowns to a linear scale
- Add images and YouTube videos
- Add page branching and question skip logic
- Collect survey responses automatically in Forms
- Analyze data in Google Sheets
- Add collaborators to help with survey development
G Suite is a set of tools used for communication and collaboration. UIC has enabled Gmail, Drive, Docs (Sites, Sheets, Slides, and Forms), Meet, Groups, and Calendar.
G Suite core services do not contain advertising, nor do they use information in those services for advertising purposes. If you are an instructor or UIC service provider, please note you are legally prohibited from requiring the use of non-accessible services. Refer to GoogleApps@UIC and Accessibility for more information.
Google Forms offers accessibility features that allows users to easily navigate and read the Google Forms web interface. The web interface supports screen readers for all available creator and viewer interfaces. The web interface also support keyboard access, allowing you to use the tab key to access all available functions. All sessions fully support adding and displaying captions. For additional information on Google Forms’ accessibility features, please visit Google Forms’ Accessibility Conformance Report (WCAG Edition).
Before you can access any of the G Suite core products enabled at UIC, you must create an account. You will need a valid UIC NetID and common password to create and manage forms.
The following steps will guide you in creating a Google Form:
- Access your Google Drive and select the + New button on the top left side of the window.
- Scroll down to Google Form and hover over the chevron to display choices of:
- Blank form
- Blank quiz (answer key function)
- From a template (e.g., exit ticket, course evaluation, find a time, etc.)
- Next, select a blank form and then add a title and description.
- Select the color palette at the top right to customize the theme of the form.
- The first question is already populated on the form, select the dropdown arrow next to the form type (multiple choice) to select a different format.
- Question formats and fields include:
- Short answer
- Multiple choice
- File upload – allows respondents to upload files to Drive
- Linear scale
- Multiple choice grid
- Checkbox grid
- Add more questions by selecting the plus sign with a circle around it.
- You can also
- Import questions from other forms.
- Add sections to break up your forms.
- Add additional titles and descriptions for each section.
- Upload images and videos to your form.
- Once you have added all the questions, make sure to edit the settings, and then use the preview button (the eye next to the color pallet) to review your form before sharing it.
- You can email, copy a link, or embed your form to share with students.
If you start creating a form and you want to convert it to a quiz, just go to the settings and select Make this a quiz to change the form to a quiz.