Blackboard Collaborate is a web conferencing system that facilitates real-time online teaching and learning. Blackboard Collaborate is available to all UIC Blackboard users. Instructors and TAs can create individual (and repeat) web conferencing sessions on their own without requesting a session to be created or activated. All session links and recordings are located under Course Tools > Blackboard Collaborate.
links to Google Drive
- Audio communication via a microphone, headset, or telephone
- Video communication via webcam
- Application and desktop sharing with participants
- Group collaboration of whiteboard space
- Moderated chat functionality
- Participants can raise hand, indicate yes or no, participate in polling activities, etc.
- Instructors can create and manage their web conferences directly
- Guest speakers can join and lead sessions by using a public link
- Recordings of sessions are archived
Blackboard Collaborate sessions can also be made available for public attendance.
For users who wish to participate with audio, their system must have a sound card, speakers, and a microphone. For users that want to share video, they must have a webcam installed on their system. Users who wish to participate in conferences who do not have these peripherals installed on their systems can still communicate during a collaboration session through the use of the text chat tool.