Blackboard Collaborate is a web conferencing system that facilitates real-time online teaching and learning. Blackboard Collaborate is available to all UIC Blackboard users. Instructors and TAs can create individual (and repeat) web conferencing sessions on their own without requesting a session to be created or activated. All session links and recordings are located under Course Tools > Blackboard Collaborate.
links to Google Drive
- Audio communication via a microphone, headset, or telephone
- Video communication via webcam
- Application and desktop sharing with participants
- Group collaboration of whiteboard space
- Moderated chat functionality
- Participants can raise hand, indicate yes or no, participate in polling activities, etc.
- Instructors can create and manage their web conferences directly
- Guest speakers can join and lead sessions by using a public link
- Recordings of sessions are archived
Blackboard Collaborate sessions can also be made available for public attendance.
For users who wish to participate with audio, their system must have a sound card, speakers, and a microphone. For users that want to share video, they must have a webcam installed on their system. Users who wish to participate in conferences who do not have these peripherals installed on their systems can still communicate during a collaboration session through the use of the text chat tool.
Service Level Agreement
|Service Request Fulfillment Time||Under 2 business days, unless in-person training/discussion is required, or escalation to the vendor is required|
|Incident Resolution Time||Under 2 business days unless escalation to the vendor is required|
|Maintenance Window(s)||Weekly maintenance window: Friday, 1:00am - 5:00am. Approved Technology Solutions maintenance window(s). Occasionally major upgrades take place outside of this window, which are always communicated to the campus.|
|Service Notification Channel(s)||Technology Solutions News and Alerts, BB News and Alerts (Blackboard Login Page), BB Administrator direct email to BB users.|
|Reviewed to Ensure SLA Meets Business Requirements||Provisional SLA - Currently under IT Governance review|
|Date Reviewed||Provisional SLA - Currently under IT Governance review|
|Service Owner: Elizabeth Romero Fuerte|