Zoom is a multi-functional video and audio conference web application that combines web-based meetings with integrated collaboration tools.
links to Zoom Heading link
Faculty and staff can host meetings with real-time data, application, voice, and video sharing capabilities:
- Schedule, host, and attend video and audio meetings
- Connect with video and online chat
- Share application, documents, video, multimedia files, and web browsers
- Use online whiteboards and make annotations
- Survey your audience with polling questions
- Talk through your computer, landline, or mobile device
- Integrate with Outlook and other calendar applications
- Join on-the-go with your mobile device
More information on systems requirements for Zoom.
Before you can access Zoom, you must create an account at uic.zoom.us. Please make sure to use your UIC NetID and common password.
- You will need a valid UIC NetID and common password to log in via the Web Interface at uic.zoom.us. This will generate your UIC Zoom account.
- If you do not have Zoom on your computer, you will be prompted to download the Zoom Client.
- Once you sign in at uic.zoom.us, you will be able to update your profile, schedule meetings, view recordings, adjust your settings, and view reports.
- Under Meetings, you can view upcoming meetings, previous meetings, your personal room, and meeting templates.
- Select the Schedule a Meeting button on the upper right side of the screen to create a new meeting.
- You will need to add a title (topic) and edit the settings, including: when (date and start time), duration, time zone, recurring meeting, registration, meeting ID, template, security, video, audio, and other options.
- Once you have edited all the settings, click the Save button to schedule the meeting.
- Your new meeting will be displayed under the Upcoming meetings, click on the meeting title to see the options: Start, Edit, or Delete.
You can add a tool link in your Original View course for students to access by going to the navigation panel on the left side of your course by selecting the plus with a circle around it and selecting the tool link. You can add a tool link in your Ultra View course for students to access by going to the Books & Tools (under the Details & Actions panel on the left side of your course) and selecting the tool link.
- How do I get started with Zoom? – Knowledge Base Article
- What are some best practices for using Zoom for meetings? – Knowledge Base Article