Formerly known as G Suite, Google Workspace is a suite of tools used for communication and collaboration. It includes Gmail, Google Drive, Google Sites, Google Meet, Google Groups and Google Calendar. UIC subscribes to Google Workspace for Education Fundamentals.
Everyone at UIC can access Google Workspace but the account is not created by default. The same UIC email is used for access to Google Workspace @UIC. If you cannot login to the Google Workspace applications below, create your account first.
links to Google Workspace
UIC users need to activate their G Suite account before using any of the Google tools with their UIC NetID and password. Create a Google Workspace @UIC account here.
- Work anywhere, anytime, and across virtually any device
- Collaborate in real time with Docs, Sheets, Slides, Sites, and Jamboard
- Save time managing classes with Assignments using the integration with Blackboard
- Works in compliance with FERPA, COPPA and GDPR
- Includes data loss prevention for Gmail and Drive
- Access to file storage and sharing via Google Drive, a cloud-based space to store and organize documents securely and access them from any device
- Gmail: Get email, stay connected with built-in IM, IMAP and POP message access, and more
- Google Drive: Create and share a variety of online documents, from word processing and spreadsheets to forms and presentations
- Google Sites: Effortlessly build shared websites that include videos, images, gadgets, and documents
- Google Groups: Create your own moderated forums and mailing lists