Formerly known as G Suite, Google Workspace is a suite of tools used for communication and collaboration. It includes Gmail, Google Drive, Google Sites, Google Meet, Google Groups and Google Calendar. UIC subscribes to Google Workspace for Education Fundamentals.
Everyone at UIC can access Google Workspace but the account is not created by default. The same UIC email is used for access to Google Workspace @UIC. If you cannot login to the Google Workspace applications below, create your account first.
links to Google Workspace Heading link
more info Heading link
AVAILABLE TO: Faculty | Students | Staff
Find Answers to Common Questions
UIC users need to activate their G Suite account before using any of the Google tools with their UIC NetID and password. Create a Google Workspace @UIC account here.
- Work anywhere, anytime, and across virtually any device
- Collaborate in real time with Docs, Sheets, Slides, Sites, and Jamboard
- Save time managing classes with Assignments using the integration with Blackboard
- Works in compliance with FERPA, COPPA and GDPR
- Includes data loss prevention for Gmail and Drive
- Access to file storage and sharing via Google Drive, a cloud-based space to store and organize documents securely and access them from any device
- Gmail: Get email, stay connected with built-in IM, IMAP and POP message access, and more
- Google Drive: Create and share a variety of online documents, from word processing and spreadsheets to forms and presentations
- Google Sites: Effortlessly build shared websites that include videos, images, gadgets, and documents
- Google Groups: Create your own moderated forums and mailing lists
Google Workspace (G Suite) is a set of tools used for communication and collaboration. UIC has enabled Gmail, Drive, Docs (Sites, Sheets, Slides, and Forms), Meet, Groups, and Calendar.
Google Workspace (G Suite) core services do not contain advertising, nor do they use information in those services for advertising purposes. If you are an instructor or UIC service provider, please note you are legally prohibited from requiring the use of non-accessible services. Refer to GoogleApps@UIC and Accessibility for more information.
Before you can access any of the Google Workspace core products enabled at UIC, you must create an account. You will need a valid UIC NetID and common password.
The following steps will guide you in using Google Workspace:
- 1. Set up Chrome browser by downloading and installing Chrome.
- 2. Create an account using your UIC NetID and common password.
- 3. Open your Chrome browser and make sure you are signed into your Google account.
- 4. Access the Google Apps available by selecting the Google Apps icon on the upper right side of the screen (nine dots in the shape of a square).
- 5. Select the Google App you want to use (additional information and support for Google Forms, Google Drive, and Google Meet)