Using Blackboard to manage grades
- Distribute and collect assignments. Learn how with the Blackboard Assignments video (10 min)
- Deliver tests. Learn how with the Blackboard Tests video (12 min)
- Score with rubrics. Learn how with the Rubrics: Make Grading Easier video (7 min)
- Grade electronically and provide feedback. Read how to Record Audio and Video at Blackboard Help webpage
- Post grades and maintain a digital gradebook. Learn how with the Navigating the Grade Center video (10 min) or by reading the Navigating Grading Blackboard Help webpage
Start here if you are not familiar with Blackboard
- Consider posting a low-stakes Blackboard quiz for practice
- Use multiple-choice and true/false questions at first to practice creating questions.
- Work up to essay questions once you’re comfortable with creating auto-graded questions like multiple choice and true/false.
- Create assignments to be turned in online:
- Post and collect a practice assignment in Blackboard
- SafeAssign may be used on assignments (Original & Ultra) or test essay questions (Ultra only) to determine the originality of student work.