QM | Quality Design
What is Quality Matters?
Interested in offering students a high-quality, engaging online course? Quality Matters, or QM, is a quality assurance system for online learning that is grounded in research, driven by best practices, and puts learners first. QM consists of three core components: Professional development, the QM Rubric and course reviews.
Three Main Components
FREE Quality Matters Course
QM’s course Applying the Quality Matters Rubric (APPQMR) is a 2-week, asynchronous course that dives deep into the underlying principles behind the QM Rubric. Faculty who have taken APPQMR have reported a deeper understanding of online course design as well as feeling more confident about how to apply the QM Rubric to courses.
Learning Objectives of APPQMR
- Recognize the foundational concepts of Quality Matters.
- Identify the critical elements of the QM quality assurance program, including the QM Rubric, materials, processes, and administrative components.
- Apply the QM Rubric to review online courses.
- Make decisions on whether the demo course meets selected QM Rubric Standards.
- Apply the concept of alignment.
- Draft helpful recommendations for course improvement by citing annotations from the QM Rubric and evidence from the course.
Questions about QM? Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.