Learning Technology Support
About LTS Support Office Heading link
The Support Office, located in Stevenson Hall, Suite 111, provides faculty with a one-stop-shop for teaching and learning with technology support.
The support team, comprised of academic technologists with expertise in classroom technologies and learning systems, is ready to help ensure that the learning process goes as smoothly as possible through centralized support of the entire teaching with technology services.
Whether assistance is needed with Blackboard, Lecture Capture, a projector in a classroom, or even a classroom that is too hot, this is the team to contact!
Just stop by, give us a call, or send us an email.
Hours of Operation Heading link
Expanded hours for Classrooms support in preparation for the Fall 2022 semester:
- Saturday, August 13, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Sunday, August 14, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Saturday, August 20, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Sunday, August 21, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
Expanded hours for Blackboard support in preparation for the Fall 2022 semester:
- August and September, 24/7 real time support via chat or phone at 312-413-0003 option 1.
Educational Technologies (EdTech)
Faculty support for incidents and requests for access to teaching with technologies such as Blackboard, VoiceThread, Echo360, Panopto, etc., and the technologies in centrally-managed classrooms.
- Visit us at SH-111 Monday through Thursday from 7:30 am to 9:00 pm and Friday from 7:30 am to 7:00 pm
- Visit UIC Help Center for Teaching and Learning services – Find answers, submit requests or incidents
- Email LTS@uic.edu – Requests are responded under two business days unless in-person training/discussion is required, or escalation to the vendor is required
- Call 312-413-0003 option 1 – If you leave a message, a ticket will automatically be created on your behalf and we will follow up with you
Equipment Lending for Students
- Laptop & Hotspot support to students in need is available during the Covid-19 Pandemic. Request Form
Technology Solutions, central IT for UIC, supports general technologies used by everyone such as Box, Zoom, Microsoft 365, Exchange, Google Workspace, and UIC NetIDs and passwords. Learn more at it.uic.edu
Service Levels Heading link
Instructors should expect a response within two business days, unless in-person training/discussion is required. Please allow one week to process special requests such as course copies, course restoration, and course quota increase, Echo360 recording scheduling, etc.
For incidents, instructors can expect a response within four hours, and resolution within two business days, unless escalation to the vendor is required.
Modified Service Levels
Given the high volume of calls received at the beginning of each semester—one week before and two weeks after the start of each term—instructors will experience longer wait times when contacting this team by phone. We recommend reporting a problem via the UIC Help Center if the wait time on the phone is too long.
The LMS Governance Board has approved a modified SLA of three business days for regular requests to be processed during this period. Please plan accordingly.