Campus computer labs provide centrally managed computers with standard software. These labs are available to UIC students, staff, faculty, and authorized guests. Many of the labs are available for reservation for instruction or special events. There are some labs that are open 24 hours, 7 days a week. In addition to general use labs, Technology Solutions manages labs with access limited to a certain group, such as residence hall residents.
links Heading link
- Centrally managed computer labs are open to all current students, faculty, and staff at UIC. Some residence hall labs are open to residents only.
- Certain labs may be reserved for instructional purposes.
- On weekdays between 8:00am and 5:00pm, academic use of the labs has priority over all other use.
- Eating or drinking is not permitted in the computer labs.
- Labs are distributed throughout the campus, although the vast majority are concentrated on the east campus
- See the list of computer lab locations for details, taking special note of which labs are reservable for instruction
- Accessing 24/7 labs in the Benjamin Goldberg Research Center and the Science and Engineering Labs East requires building access authorization.