links to Microsoft Teams Heading link
more info Heading link
AVAILABLE TO: Faculty | Students | Staff
Find Answers to Common Questions
- Microsoft Teams – Knowledge Base Article
- Microsoft Teams help & learning
- Chat – Message someone or a group to talk about work, projects, or just for fun.
- Teams – Create a team and channels to gather people together and work in focused spaces with conversations and files.
- Calendar – Connect with people before, during, and after a meeting so prep and follow-up are easy to find. This Team’s calendar syncs with your Outlook one.
Find familiar apps and explore new ones to simplify, customize, and manage how you work.
MS Teams offers accessibility features that allows users to easily navigate and read the MS Teams web interface. The web interface supports screen readers for all available creator and viewer interfaces. The web interface also support keyboard access, allowing you to use the tab key to access all available functions. All sessions fully support adding and displaying captions. For additional information on MS Teams’ accessibility features, please visit MS Teams’ Accessibility Conformance Report (WCAG Edition).
You can get access to Microsoft Teams by clicking on the Access Teams icon on this page or by the Microsoft Teams knowledge base article and click on Access Teams. You will need a valid UIC NetID and common password.
The following steps will guide you in using Microsoft Teams:
- Click Access Teams.
- Enter your UIC NetID and common password.
- Authenticate with Duo 2-Factor Authentication when prompted.
- Select the three dots in the upper right corner of the screen to access the settings gear icon, zoom, keyboard shortcuts, about, check for updates, download mobile app.
- Select settings (gears icon) to adjust your settings, including: general (theme, chat density, layout, application), accounts, privacy, notifications, devices, App permissions, captions and transcripts, files, and calls.
- Select Join or create a team near the bottom left corner of the screen (near the Help icon), options include: Create a team, Join a team with a code, or Join public teams available.
- Select the Apps icon (square with four smaller squares inside) in the lower left corner to view the Apps available.
Creating a Team
The following steps will guide you in creating a team in Microsoft Teams:
- Select Join or create a team near the bottom left corner of the screen (near the Help icon) and click Create a team.
- Next, select the type of team you want to create, options include class, professional learning community, staff, and other.
- Create your team by adding a name, description, and privacy level.
- Then add people to your team.
- The new team will have a general channel added. You can customize your team with additional channels and Apps.
- Microsoft Teams video training (series of videos)
- Teams and channels