Benefits to Joining Our Team
CATE is part of the diverse and resilient community that is the University of Illinois at Chicago. As Chicago’s public research university, UIC offers countless opportunities not only to students but also to employees. Joining our family provides access to excellent benefits and perks.
Benefits at UIC
UIC is shaped by an extraordinarily collaborative and innovative culture, creating a workplace where you can thrive. We offer competitive salaries and benefits including health, dental and vision insurance and paid holidays and leave time.
The University of Illinois at Chicago and the University of Illinois System offer competitive wages, benefit programs, and resources for employees. UIC is strongly committed to providing equitable benefit options throughout each stage of employment. Many benefits become effective on the first day of employment. Benefits offered by UIC include health care options, wellness programs, educational opportunities, tuition assistance, vacations, holidays and other leave benefits, and university retirement plans. For more details, see this employee benefits overview.
- Healthcare | The University of Illinois System offers several health insurance options, allowing employees to pick the one that works best for them and their families. Options include dental, vision, life insurance, and other benefits!
- Retirement | ACCC employees receive the benefit of joining the State University Retirement System. As a SURS participant, your contribution to the retirement plan is 8% of gross earnings. The university also offers an optional 403(b) investment plan.
- Paid Time Off | UIC offers paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays, which employees begin accruing from their first day of employment. The University of Illinois provides generous paid time off benefits, including the time to observe holidays, enjoy a vacation, or take sick leave. See the HR web page on leave for a summary of paid and unpaid leave that may be available to you!
- Tuition Benefits for Employees | For employees looking to further their education or just take a few classes to refresh some skills, UIC offers a tuition and fee waiver for classes at UIC and several other state universities.
- Tuition Benefits for Families | Family members of UIC employees are eligible to get tuition credits after a few years of service. See the tuition waiver page for more details.
- Professional Development | UIC Human Resources offers professional development and training opportunities throughout the year. This includes everything from online tutorials to continuing education.
- Fitness | UIC Campus Recreation offers state-of-the-art facilities, including a climbing wall, pools, and a lazy river, and fitness classes. Employees receive discounted memberships for access to gyms on both the east and west sides of campus.
- Other Benefits | The University of Illinois System also offers several other benefits, such as employee discounts on computers, AAA membership, phone plans and more.